Thursday, March 28, 2013

First Foods

I can hear it now, my poor boy is such a deprived child and "seriously Courtnie? He hasn't had that yet?" I know! At 19 months old, Andrew had his very first yogurt, Cold Stone ice cream, and peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Now before you disown me as a friend and question my parenting, please know that there were reasons for these decisions.

1) Yogurt: I don't usually buy yogurt for Kyle and I. I am not really a fan and since Kyle doesn't complain about items that the purchasing department (that would be me!) gathers at the store, I never bought them. Kyle went to the store to surprise me to make dinner and in his bag of goodies, he bought Andrew some Dora strawberry yogurts. This little cup of sweetness did not stand a chance. He literally had the cup on his chin, trying to lick the reminants out of the cup.

2) Cold Stone: It's not like the boy has not had ice cream! Trust me, he has...in small doses! He has also had some of my Cold Stone but never his "own" cup. Can you say sugar high...to the extreme?? With this being said, Andrew had his very first kid size cup from Cold Stone. He savored the allotment that mommy allowed of Cold Stone's Oreo ice cream. His little kid's cup lasted for 4 more days. I guess the true entertainment would have been to get pictures of him running around like a mad man after his ice cream.

3) PB & J: Being a teacher, I have students who are deathly allergic of peanuts and I have been in several "peanut free" classrooms. Not wanting to possibly experience a fatal allergic reaction, Kyle and I both decided that giving Andrew peanut butter was not high on the list to rush into. After sharing several yogurt chips from trail mixes and other fruits that shared containers of peanuts and other nuts over the last 3 months, we decided we would let him try it. The boy loved it! And he drank an entire glass of milk after too! But more importantly, as of now, my little monkey man is not allergic to peanuts! Thank goodness!

Turns out our little guy is a foodie like his mom! YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment