Friday, February 6, 2015

Ladies and Gentlemen, we present to you...

I realize that I have not had many blog posts during my pregnancy with Austin. But I assure you that this one is well worth the wait and will hopefully allow you to forgive me in not upholding my promise to be a better blogger!

Finally, at 36 weeks pregnant, I decided to surprise Kyle for our First Date Anniversary/Valentine's Day to take a peek at our baby boy with a 3D/4D ultrasound session! If you remember with Andrew, he was not willing to pose or show us his face (Peek a boo!) and it took us several visits before we could actually see his whole face. Well, wouldn't you know it, it must run in the Wallace genes or our little man inherited Kyle's strong dislike of pictures but the baby boy kept covering his face with his hand. We were able to watch him smirk, grimace, smile, and squint but the little stinker kept covering his face and mouth with his hand. I wanted to see those sweet little lips that I know I will be smooching on very soon!! After ten minutes of poking and shifting positions, to laying on my side, the ultrasound tech asked us to take a break and we would return after some movement and ice cold water.

After a few minutes, a couple glasses of ice water, and some of Andrew's fruit snacks (okay, those things are good...no wonder he inhales them!) we were excited to see that he had moved his arm. But such a Wallace, as soon as he felt the pressure from the ultrasound wand, he moved his hand back to his face. But not before she was able to capture this sweet little face! YAY!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to present to you, Andrew's baby brother...

Austin



Even though he wouldn't move his hand, you can still see his sweet little smile. Must take after his mommy! 

It is crazy to think that he will be here in 4 short weeks! Although, I have to be honest when I say that I think he will be here earlier. While I realize every pregnancy is different, Austin is sitting very, VERY LOW and I just feel different. If you have seen me throughout this pregnancy, you know that Austin is all in the belly. I have been told that I am all belly (I know, sorry I have slacked on the belly photos this pregnancy!!)

I could be wrong but already at 6 1/4 pounds and measuring at 37 1/2 weeks, who knows, maybe he will make his debut early!! Only time will tell and we can't wait to introduce him to you! With weekly check ups now scheduled for the remainder of my pregnancy, I hope to have more updates soon! In the meantime, do yourself a favor and scroll back up and love on that sweet little face and smile!

3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I cannot wait to meet him! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Courtnie! He is so beautiful and perfect! His little face is SO perfect!!!♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was from Susie not Zack. ..lol

    ReplyDelete