Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bumps n Bruises: 10 months

I can't believe it! My sweet lil man is 10 months old already! It seems like just yesterday he smiled that gummy grin for the first time or made his first coo! And now, Andrew is a fearless, adrenaline junkie, crawling machine that is pulling himself up onto anything and everything! With that, come bumps to the noggin and bruises to show! You will notice that in every picture, Andrew is rockin' some kind of goose egg or bruise! It doesn't matter how much padding is on the tables or how much I follow him around, this kid will find any surface and manage to smack his head on it! He's a rough and tough little boy I tell you!


These pics are getting VERY hard to take. Andrew doesn't sit still much these days as he is quite fond of his sense of mobility! It is amazing that I got these shots. But this one definitely depicts him saying "LET'S MOVE!!!"





Clearly, you can see he cracks himself up! He is such a delightful and lovable little boy! I am SOOOO in love!

This month has been amazing! I am FINALLY on summer vacation and reaping the rewards of spending the days with him. I am so thankful to have these moments with him. I am hoping that he will take his first steps while I am on summer vacation so that I can witness this milestone for myself, rather than from a video from Kyle. It seems like Kyle has been the one to witness Andrew hit all the major milestones, which is funny because we both thought it would be the other way around with Kyle working 72 hour shifts! Nope!! He seems to save all the action for Daddy!

I am thoroughly enjoying taking our morning walks together, eating breakfast together, and our family trips. Here are some of Andrew's favorite things this month:

  • Puffs!! This little boy eats the heck out of these things and is quite territorial over them!! He loves the maple wagon wheels!
  • He has a mouth full of chompers. Two on the top and two on the bottom. I think more are on the way because the hands are back in the mouth, tugging on the ears and is a drooly disaster (but a cute one of course!)
  • Toast and Eggs, his new favorite morning meal!
  • Watermelon: I am not surprised since watermelon is my favorite fruit and I ate so much of it when I was pregnant with him!
  • Bravo TV's "superstar" commercial jingle. I admit it, I am addicted to the Real Housewives! Now that I am on summer vacation, it is time to catch up on the ole Tivo! But of course, every other commercial has the summer time jingle that causes Andrew to stop whatever he is doing and focus on the TV.  Kyle is not happy that Andrew is watching Bravo TV or the Real Housewives for that matter! 
  • He is a crawling machine and constantly in 5th gear! He loves the hardwood floors and seems to get quite the momentum while cruising on them.
  • He is pulling himself up onto EVERYTHING!! Thus, the bumps and bruises! I know, I know, he is a boy and this will be the first of many!
  • He has belly laughs that are quite contagious!
  • He babbles many words but seems to like "Ma Ma." I am not sure if he is saying this with purpose. I like to think so...Kyle is desperately trying to get him to say "Da Da!" What can I say, he is a Momma's Boy!!
  • He loves the pool and water! He has learned that splashing is VERY entertaining and cracks himself at the wonder of water!
  • Andrew loves paper! He loves to rip it, tear it, and crinkle it!
  • He loves rides in his wagon and our daily walks in the stroller! He rides with his feet up...he must like the wind between his toes! 
Happy 10 month birthday my little man!! Mommy loves you so much!!

2 comments:

  1. Courtnie, it is such a joy to watch Andrew grow up right in front of my eyes. I wish I could be closer to snuggle him myself. I will just have to have your mom and you do it for me. He is so precious and babies grow so fast. You have learned that already. Just wait it goes even faster as you grow older. Enjoy every moment, even the trying times! Love you guys so much....AGKJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks KJ!! We wish you were closer too! I am happy you are enjoying the pictures and the blog! Hopefully, you can come visit soon and get a snuggle for yourself! They are simply...the best!! Love you!
      Andrew & Courtnie

      Delete