Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fun in the San Clemente Sun

Andrew decided to take his mommy and daddy camping at the San Clemente State Beach. It was amazing...to say the least!! Perfect weather, gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, good food, and a fabulous group of people (they don't call themselves the Social Club for no reason!) We took the 'Tude to the beach and after some careful planning on Daddy's part, we were able to drop the back to overlook the stunningly, beautiful bluffs of San Clemente beach. Not a bad way to start and end your day!


Our view that we were forced to endure every morning and all day out of the back of the Tude! I know, it's pretty harsh on the eyes!



Some of the highlights included:
  • Andrew took every nap on the beach (I know, it's a pretty rough life!). Since he tends to wake up before most people, especially the Social Club, mommy took Andrew for a walk on the beach every morning. It usually ended with the scene shown below! He fell asleep for his afternoon nap down on the beach as well! 


Coleen was usually the only one awake with Andrew and I in the morning! We solved all the problems of the world on our morning walks!


He had to get his beauty rest for his lifeguard lady love...read below!


  • Andrew put it his feet in the ocean water and the beach sand for the first time. He loved the sand but hated the water. It was a little too cold for his liking.

  • In an effort to get him comfortable with the ocean water, Kyle tried to sit with him in the sand and watch the upcoming waves. Andrew was not having it. He had a little minor panic attack until...cue Baywatch music...until, a VERY voluptuous lifeguard went running by. Seriously, the way this Pam Anderson wannabe ran by, it looked like she was running in slow-mo! And man oh man, did she ever catch his attention! He stopped crying, batted those baby blues up at her and literally, dropped his jaw and watched her run by. The moment she was out of sight, he went back to hating the water. What a little ladies man! What has Kyle been teaching him while I am at work? Nevermind...I don't want to know!
  • We spent our days on the beach! It was GORGEOUS weather! But the hill to walk back up to camp was quite the hike! Either I am out of shape or that hill was brutal! (I am going to go with that the hill was brutal!)


  • Blinkie light night was awesome!! It is the tradition of this crazy crew to have "Blinkie Light Night" where Rich plays songs on his guitar and while he sings everyone wears blinking light glasses. They made me dizzy but Andrew seemed to be mesmerized by them. The sea of blinking lights from the glasses certainly had Andrew's attention!
  • A surprise visit from one of my volleyball families. It sure was great to see Coreen and Britney. Little did I know, they lived right across the street from the campgrounds. Andrew loved meeting them...but we all know he can't resist pretty girls!! I am in so much trouble!
  • Our last night was somewhat terrifying! I was putting Andrew to bed and I thought I had heard Kyle go outside. I looked around, saw that the door was open. I heard scraping and scratching noises. I went out to the door and there, to my surprise, was Peppy Le'Pew trying to raid our trash can. Panic overcame me because all I could think about was Kyle coming around the corner and getting sprayed by our night time friend! I couldn't yell to warn him or I was afraid that I would be sprayed. Talk about an adrenaline rush! And alas, the whole time I was contemplating a game plan, Kyle came out from the front of the trailer. All this time I was worrying for nothing. I alerted Kyle of our visitor and imagine that...such a boy! He grabbed a flashlight and went out and terrorized the little critter away. Geez!
We had so much fun on our first trip to San Clemente! The Social Club certainly knows how to camp and we look forward to the many more years to come and memories. Thanks for the fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment