Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Winter Wonderland

I often wake up at odd hours with a random thought, the need to complete a mental checklist, or since entering my third trimester, to use the restroom. But last night, I couldn't fall asleep. As tired as I was, excitement and anticipation filled the air as rumor had it that our little valley was going to be covered in snow. Was it too good to be true? Forecasts showed snow as early as 10pm. Well, 10pm, 11pm, midnight, 1am, 2am....I was like a little girl waiting at the window for a Santa sighting. Nothing!

I was starting to feel a bit gipped that my friends in surrounding cities and communities were posting pictures of snowfall in their neighborhoods. What the heck?? I couldn't believe I had managed to stay awake until 2am but I did and man, I was disappointed! Nothing, not a flurry, snowflake, nothing! So when Andrew woke up the next morning at 8am(a celebration in itself as this kid rarely sleeps in!! GO ME!), we let the dog outside and wouldn't you know it, the backyard was covered in frost, with areas actually covered in patches of snow! I am not even going to complain that we were late coming to the snow party but I was curious was it looked like at 6am. In any event, Andrew was SO excited!!! He couldn't wait to get his jacket on and check out the snow in the yard.
My parent's backyard had a much better showing!

Only in Temecula and in Southern California would you see us Valley folk this excited about a little snow. In wine country, people pulled off the side of the road to sled and have a snow ball fight!

Winter Wonderland in Wine Country indeed!

It was a perfect end to 2014! One we probably won't see again for another 10-15 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment