Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to camp I go!!

So in the annual tradition of our school, Spring time means camp! So for three nights and four days, yours truly headed out into the wilderness of Blue Jay. I love camp, I love it way more as an adult than I did as a kid. It's so much fun and I love the bonding experiences and memories made with both students and staff alike. This year was a little bit different for me as this was the first year that the "ask Mrs. Wallace, she'll do anything!" was put on hold due to the fact that I was 22 weeks pregnant. To my devastation, I was unable to participate in the Zip line and Ropes Course activities. Trust me, I was pouting for sure but I know I have a little man to protect and take care of! But my students had a blast and dedicated each of their high flying adventures to Baby Wallace!
Fortunately, one of our chaperones is also a professional photographer. She, like many of my students, parents, and chaperones, are still in disbelief that my belly is the size it is for being 5 1/2 months pregnant. So to add to the fun of the trip, she asked me to stand feet apart, stick out my abdomen, and with the help of her fish eye lens, she was proud to say, "Now this is what you should like right now!"



Even though I couldn't participate in all the fun, the students and I had a blast! On our last night, I managed to crimp 35 of my students hair, including several of my male students who love flaunting the infamous Justin Bieber do! I couldn't resist and we all looked awesome that night at dinner sporting our crimped 80's hair-do!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I miss you soo much!! Camp was such a blast, even though you were not able to participate:( Crimmping was a blast though! Your family is beautiful!! I can't wait to hold little Mister!! See you soon! Email me when you are going to be at the site!

    Nanny #2

    ReplyDelete