Monday, August 1, 2011

37 weeks = Full Term Baby!!

So it's true, today officially marks that Andrew is full term at 37 weeks. With only 3 weeks to go, the countdown is on and Baby Watch 2011 has commenced. Today, we have the first of our weekly appointments where Dr. Selinger will be checking our progress. I have heard of some women showing dilation already. Hopefully, Andrew will want to cook a little bit longer as even though we are prepared here at home for his arrival, why does it feel like there is still so much to do?

On the work end, I was relieved to find out that we had secured my long term sub for the Fall semester. Finally!! After devoting many days over the summer vacation to interviews, I am so happy that we found a teacher, who actually "likes" math...I know, I know, one of those crazy birds like me! Us "math dorks" are a rare breed! But having the confidence of knowing that a teacher will be taking my class, who is competent in Algebra, takes a lot of stress off my plate. It is so hard for me to relinquish this control but I am finding that I have a greater calling right now that is making this transition from teacher to mommy that much easier. I understand that right now, my most important job is becoming a mommy! And believe me, Andrew certainly likes to remind me of this fact every time he delivers the right hook or that strong little kick to my side and ribs. Just like his Daddy, already a "pain in my side!" :) But I love him all the more for it!

Don't worry, we'll keep you posted on our weekly updates! Happy August! 21 more days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You are almost done and you look amazing! I bet you are so excited to meet your little boy.

    ReplyDelete