Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Fun in Moreno Valley

So the year would not come to a proper close without the grand event and Christmas party of the Riverside County/Moreno Valley Fire Department. This evening is filled with lots of fun, laughter, raffles, food, and catching up with other families. This year was particularly special since this was mine and Kyle's first overnight away TOGETHER from Andrew. So of course, I did it up! I put on a fancy dress, heels, and even some fab-u-lous eyelashes! I was ready to have a great night out with my hubby! And wouldn't you know my "I hate photos hubby!", I do not have 1 picture of the two of us together that night! Shocker!!

We arrived to the party and enjoyed all that was anticipated. I had no idea that the party would last until all hours of the night...and day! Dinner came and went, the raffle came and went (which we won a Blue Ray/DVD player!), and then we were dancing until midnight! The evening also included one of Kyle's co-workers proposing to his girlfriend on the year end Christmas video. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen! Of course all of us wives couldn't help but smack our hubbies to say "HEY!!!"

The very beautiful ladies and wives of Mo Val's finest!

Someone in the group decided it was time to move our party to Buffalo Wild Wings which is were we resided until almost 2:30am.


On our way to have some hot wings. We were the smart ones who forgot our jackets and managed to get a ride over to the restaurant! I know, I know, very un-Courtnie like! But I enjoyed this moment with these people A LOT!!


By the time we made it back to the hotel and spent time chatting by the fire in the hotel lobby, it was almost 4:30 before I finally went to bed. Unbelievable! I haven't done that since I was in college. And let me tell you, I don't know how I ever managed to stay up like that! The next day was killer! Especially with my sweet little man running around the house. No rest for the weary I suppose! But I am thankful for the friendships I have with these fine people and the new relationships that were made that night!

Round 1 done of the Christmas Soiree's...onto the next!





No comments:

Post a Comment