Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Soirees

This year was a very busy Holiday season for the Wallace Family! We attended many, and when I say many, I mean 9 Holiday parties! I only have pictures from 6 of them. Needless to say, I am pooped and looking forward to having this holiday winter break to recover! Recover and catch up...ha!

Note: I hyperlinked some of the posts that I blogged about with pictures. Enjoy!!
  • The first of our many parties was Kyle's work party (Christmas Fun in Moreno Valley). Let's just say it has been a VERY long time since I have stayed up until 4am and I hope it is a very long time before I do that again. Although the fun I had with such good friends was worth the sleep deprivation and Andrew running circles around me the next day.
  • My team teacher and I hosted a gift exchange and holiday extravaganza for our middle school students. We had a gift exchange for over 70 students and in grand Wallace tradition, we watched the movie Elf. Will Ferrell is always a hit!
  • The next major holiday gathering was my work Christmas party (Christmas: RSC Style). Go figure, Kyle was working so I went solo. But, alas, it was so much to be with the most amazing group of educators OUTSIDE of work. Somehow, we managed to talk very little about work and more about life itself. We feasted, took part in a white elephant gift exchange, and took pictures in the photo booth.
  • We then entered Christmas week. My neighbors and I can't resist a party, although, we really don't need an excuse to get together.  On Christmas Eve Eve, the housewives (and househusbands were included too) were gathered to celebrate the holiday with a gift exchange, ornament exchange, and just a time to enjoy each other's company. I love my neighbors so much and I am thrilled that Andrew will have such a great neighborhood to grow up in. 




This was also the night of our Ugly Sweaters. However, only 1 other couple showed up in sweaters...hubbies too! :) Kyle and I managed to score a pair of matching sweaters! You know you are jealous!
  • On Christmas Eve, we celebrated the Wallace-Martin Secret Santa gift exchange. Somehow, Kyle and I managed to draw my parents. SWEET!!! They were easy to buy for. The best part of the evening included Andrew hanging out with his cousin Penny, the chalkboard wall (which it's drawing components, compliments of the Wallace Martin Men, will forever stay in silence) and most importantly, spending time with the family. I am very fortunate that my family and Kyle's family get along as well as they do so our holidays are actually enjoyable. I am sorry to those of you that experience the contrary!
  • My favorite day, of course, was Christmas Day! After 30 years of experiencing Christmas (yes, I know I am getting old!), this day took on a brand new meaning when Santa came to the house and made my sweet little man's face light up with joy and happiness. The look on his face was indescribable. He smiled from ear to ear. Check out all the pictures on Santa came for Andrew. After we opened presents, my family and I went over to our neighbor's home, where, once again, she outdid herself with the most amazing Puerto Rican culinary cuisine. We were stuffed and very jolly!! Thank you Roxy for making Christmas so special...and tastey!
As for these last few days that I have on winter break, I am eager to continue to rest and relax. I started to take down the Christmas decorations. If you know me, you know that this generally isn't done until after New Year's because I can't part with my Christmas tree. However, the tree is dead! Not just dead, but brown dead and smells absolutely divine dead! With this being said, it has to get out of the house! I can't stand looking at such a sad DEAD tree. It really was the best tree we have ever had...super fat and full! It was such a bummer it died so fast!

In addition, I am sorry to say that I did not have time to get Christmas cards out this year! Honestly, I am usually so good about this but of course, December snuck up on me and here we are, Christmas is long gone. So for those of you that enjoy our card every year, please don't be mad at me. I promise I will be better at it next year. I have already put a reminder on my Google calendar (yes, this is what my life has come to...a series of reminders on my email!) Geez!! Maybe one of these days, life will slow down. Lord knows it isn't with Andrew. He just keeps growing and growing and growing!

Happy Holidays friends!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with your family and loved ones!  
The Wallace Family wishes you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!





2 comments:

  1. Happy holidays! You r toooooo cute...love your lil family!!!
    Xoxo Doyle Fam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Jess!! You are now apart of the Family and I am so thankful for you and your friendship!! XOXO
      Courtnie

      Delete