Friday, February 22, 2013

18 months old

Today, our little guy turned 18 months old. Where in the world has a year and a half gone? It is just crazy! And no, if you are thinking about asking me if I have the bug to have another one, the answer is no! I am loving my time with Andrew right now and with my job as busy as it is, I couldn't imagine trying to have another little munchkin. Many of my friends are starting round 2 so I will let them start the party and take helpful hints from them later.

Anyhow, today was a very exciting day! Andrew is walking...again!! After a week of not putting any weight on his foot, he took his first steps. I am not going to lie, I was beyond nervous that we were going to have to go back to the doctor and that there was the possibility that something could in fact be broken. While he has a little bit of a limp, we are thrilled that he is walking. We won't call it a limp, we can say that my little boy has swagger! So hooray, he is walking, a true gift in itself!

To celebrate the excitement of his "second" first steps and his birthday, we took Andrew to the duck pond where he fed the ducks. He LOVES feeding the ducks. He laughs so hard at the noises and the chaos these ducks cause when they are being fed. It is a non-stop laugh fest!





After, we went to the French Valley Airport in the hopes of watching airplanes take off and land since he has a fascination with airplanes. We hear them all the time in our neighborhood but of course, the moment we want to see one, they are all grounded and there was NO action. It was such a bummer but Andrew enjoyed the outing!

Looks like all is starting to come back to normal...just in the knick of time for mommy to go back to work! Geez! Our work as a mommy is never done! But my heart is happy that my baby boy is healthy. No complaints, all is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment