Friday, February 22, 2013

I can do it myself!

Andrew proves everyday that he is becoming a big boy. With that, comes his desire to want to things himself...without help! Heaven help me if I even come close to thinking about helping him...it is a meltdown in the making! He is such a little Kyle like that!

Tonight exemplifies this behavior. Every night, it is our night night routine to put on jammies, brush our teeth, comb our hair, and read a book. Andrew loves helping me brush his teeth by putting the toothbrush under the water. But tonight, he did it all...by himself. He put a "little dab will do ya" of toothpaste on his toothbrush, turned on the water, and brushed his own toofies. I was such a proud mommy! My baby boy is getting so big! It brings a tear to my eye to think that soon he won't need me for the things I love doing with him. I need to savor these snuggles while I can get them, because soon it will be "Mom, drop off 2 blocks away!" I know, I know, I am getting ahead of myself. But share with me in the excitement of Andrew being such a big boy and completing such a task all by himself! Way to go little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment