Sunday, February 24, 2013

Be still my heart!

As if I couldn't love this little boy any more than I already do, he always seems to find a way to melt my heart even more. We have been working on words and commands. I am a super affectionate person, meaning I am a hugger and a smoocher!  I say to Andrew and Kyle all the time "can I have a smooch?" Andrew is certainly observing these learned behaviors and will smile when he sees Kyle and I smooch good bye or hello. Andrew has been known a time or two to come up to Kyle and I and lay a big ole smooch on us, but this was solely on his own accord. This past week, I have been asking him for a smooch. And wouldn't you know it, in the midst of his super snuggly demeanor this last week, I asked him for a smooch and he leaned in and planted one on his mommy! I was in love! Kyle, not wanting to miss on the action, asked Andrew for a smooch and after looking at me first, he gave Kyle a smooch too!
We have also been working on blowing kisses. Normally, I put his hand to his mouth and he will give a big teethy smile but doesn't actually blow a kiss. This last week, he seems to like blowing kisses...Andrew style! He will put his hand to his mouth with his mouth open wide and smile! It is still a work in progress but it seems to make the ladies giggle!
In typical Courtnie fashion, now that it is time to get back into work mode, I am getting sick! YAY ME!! So bring on the Vitamin C to kick this sore throat and post nasal drip. So what does this have to do with my smoochie story? This morning, while I was sipping my tea, I sneezed. Normally, when Andrew sneezes, both Kyle and I say "Bless you!" My sweet little boy, looked at me, put his hand on my face and said "besh." I truly believe he was trying to say "bless you!"
Sorry for the giant smooch and love fest but this moment was too sweet to not blog about. I can't wait for the smooches to continue. I hope they last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment