Wednesday, June 15, 2011

School's out for summer...and fall!

So this mama-to-be is officially out on summer break and you'd think I would be taking it easy, getting a little rest and relaxation. But come on now, when have you ever known me to be "not busy!"?? Between finishing the nursery, (yes, it's almost done and I promise, pics are coming soon!!!), preparing for next year and my long term sub, and registering for childbirth classes, it seems like the To-Do List is never ending.

The end of the school year was bittersweet for me! By June of every year, both students and teachers are officially "done" and ready for summer vacation. But for me, knowing that I wouldn't be returning in the Fall was a different feeling for me. In addition to all the emotional, super-sappy pregnancy hormones, I had to bid adieu to my 8th graders who I have taught for the last 3 years. I was completely overcome with emotions, particularly during the 8th grade promotional ceremonies and the last day of school.

To put into perspective for you how awesome my students are, my students hosted a baby shower for me during the last week of school. I was blown away by the snacks, food, GIFTS, and the overall love they showered me in. I can't wait to share the stories of this fun day with Andrew so he knows how much my students loved him and were happy to be apart of this special occasion. My students ROCK and I am honored to have been their teacher! They really are a phenomenal group of students.

Made by one of my co-workers! Thanks Amy, they were simply delicious!



I was moved to tears when I received a Gift Card that my students all chipped in for. In addition, the students made me a book with wishes for Andrew. Dang these emotions!!

Two of my former students. They are called my nannies as they hope to be Andrew's nanny one day!

Surprisingly, I was able to maintain my composure during the Promotional Ceremony. Afterwards, well that was a different story. I was given the task of announcing the students names as they accepted their Certificates. Thinking back, this probably was the best position for me considering if I had to be the teacher actually shaking their hands and having an opportunity to say, "Congratulations, I am so proud of you!" then I would have probably been a blubbering mess! But don't worry, the tears came through like the great flood during the Reception. Such a sap!
But alas, the year is over and the summer is really just beginning for me! I can't believe that in 9 weeks, Andrew will be here! JD is so excited about becoming a big brother...I think! What will this pooch do once he is no longer the center of my attention? Mommy will have a new man...guess he and Kyle will have to pout together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment