Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chuck E Cheese

The childhood memories of the fun had at Chuck E. Cheese while growing up seem vague. I can't remember the last time I was at Chuck E. Cheese's. So you can imagine the excitement Kyle and I Andrew had when we were invited to William's 2nd Birthday Bash at our old childhood hot spot! Clearly, you can tell who was more excited to visit the mouse! Andrew had no idea what he was in for! Daddy even drove straight from work to come check out the fun and reminisce in his childhood days!!
Andrew seemed overwhelmed by the all the fun and games. It is certainly not like either Kyle or I remembered. The ball houses are gone (apparently there were several lawsuits involving child suffocation...where have I been to have missed this??) To a kid, this place is still over the top fun but there is something to be said about not wanting to grow up. The magic certainly becomes a thing of the past. However, the look on my son's face throughout the entire extravaganza and seeing the magic form for him, made it all worthwhile. It was at that moment that both Kyle and I realized that our role is to make the memories happen for Andrew so that he can experience the magic as we did! But don't think for a second that we are going to stop being kids at heart! It might be a different jingle but "I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid!"


Thank you Katie and William for allowing our little family to be apart of your special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment