Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Austin's First Snow Day

I have to give Kyle credit: sometimes, his spontaneity is AMAZING! He loves living life and when I have the opportunity to keep up and entertain his spontaneous ideas, they turn out to be pretty great. With the upcoming rain forecasted, Kyle wanted to surprise Andrew and take him to the snow. I was nervous since I was having flashbacks of this time last year when Kyle took us to Big Bear and we got snowed in...when I was 8 months pregnant. It was fun but I did not want to have an unplanned overnight...again...with an infant....nope!
Anyhow, we packed for the day's errands and on the way home, drove to Idyllwild. Thankfully, it wasn't raining while we drove up there and for the moments when we were trying to find a place to settle. It snowed early in the day as most of So Cal had thunderstorms and flash floods. To our surprise, even with all the snow, Idyllwild was a ghost town. There was NO ONE there! When we grabbed a quick bite to eat, the serving staff had said they were disappointed that with all the snow they had got, that there weren't more people in town. It was our lucky day!! After dinner, it didn't just sprinkle, it snowed! It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen and Andrew and Austin were in awe! It was gorgeous!

Austin loved the snow, particularly when it fell from the sky and onto his face. He stared into the sky with mouth opened wide and took it all in. It was so sweet! I especially loved the snowflakes on his nose and eyelashes (gives new meaning to how these really are a few of my favorite things!)








I know they are dark but you can see the joy on Austin's sweet little face.



No comments:

Post a Comment